I am a doormat

I am a doormat

One with rough edges to scrub

The dirt from your soles

SW 04/2018

Advertisements

11 Comments Add yours

1. Ajay Vyas says:

Hey
    Thank you for taking the time to step on over to Love Relaished Ink. It’s wonderful to have your whimsical soul as a new companion on my long and winding road.
    From what I have seen of your blog so far, I’ve no doubt you are already finding writing a totally engaging and personally fulfilling experience. I hope the pleasurable company of words will always flow and follow you as you flow following the flow of your flowing path flowing into the wide blue yonder, and flow onwards towards the adventures that follow the flow beyond that…
    Best wishes. Take care always in all ways for always.
    Namaste

Liked by 1 person

2. Marc-André says:

Hey thanks for following my blog. But just to let you know you followed an old dormant version the correct blog is katzenworld.co.uk 🙂

Liked by 1 person

3. Marc-André says:

Hmm just noticed you followed the old blog again. I wonder if there is something wrong on the WordPress reader. 😹

4. shllyn says:

That is strange. Whether I click the old blog or that new link, they both take me to the same katzenworld.co.uk page

Liked by 1 person

5. V.J. Knutson says:

Harsh, and well said – great imagery.

Liked by 1 person

6. Marc-André says:

Hmmmm when you go there do you see a recent post being Star Trek cats? I might have to flag to WordPress why your follow ends up on the old instance. 😹

Liked by 1 person

7. shllyn says:

Yup, I see it! So I’m definitely following at least😸 Thanks!

Liked by 1 person

8. I don’t believe doormats notice that they are doormats. So my working theory is that this poem is sarcasm. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

9. shllyn says:

I see it as I am aware that I am gullible and kind so I often get used even when I don’t know it’s happening at the time of being used. I have been through a lot and thus the rough edges. The last part was just a hope that even though I get used and have rough edges, maybe they could be of use to help and better other people.

Liked by 1 person

10. I don’t think being kind is being a doormat, but I agree that kind people get taken advantage of and end up with rough edges. Doormat is so pejorative, though, as if you welcome it, a welcome mat. The pejorative should be used for the people who treat you badly. That’s how I see it, at least. It takes great strength to be kind, despite knowing you will be hurt again.

11. Marc-André says: